A large majority of the commercial roofs we service at Armor Commercial Roofing are rubber, or EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) – and for good reason. Rubber roofing systems are a great choice for flat and low-slope roofing applications – they’re durable, long-lasting, and one of the more cost-effective roofing systems out there.
Despite the numerous advantages, rubber roofs have their fair share of common issues, disadvantages, and problems. That is where Armor Commercial Roofing comes in. We are Southern Michigan’s premier provider of rubber roof repairs and related services, including rubber roof inspections, maintenance, and restoration. Call us today at (517) 617-6953 to learn more or request a complimentary estimate.
Common Rubber Roof Issues
Armor Commercial Roofing takes care of commercial roofing clients throughout Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana – we’ve seen it all when it comes to rubber roofs, and we are especially familiar with the unique challenges our humid summers and long, cold winters present.
Here are some of the most common issues to look for when it comes to your rubber roof:
- Standing water – Usually due to low spots across the membrane or uneven sloping
- Penetrations – Rips, holes, and tears often occur with careless rooftop activities or severe weather events
- Shrinkage – Roof membrane may pull away from edges with temperature changes
- Faulty drains – Clogged or poorly positioned drains can cause interior and exterior water damage
- General wear and tear – May be due to exposure or just normal aging
- Bubbling – May be air, water, or vapor trapped between layers of membrane
- Failing seams – Weak points exist where sheets of rubber roofing membrane come together
Whatever the problem may be, the qualified team at Armor Commercial Roofing is prepared to quickly and accurately diagnose and treat it. Every roof repair project begins with a thorough roof inspection, so you can rest easy knowing we can find every problem and take care of them all at once.
Fast, Effective Rubber Roof Repair & Maintenance
In addition to providing exemplary, one-time rubber roof repair services, Armor Commercial Roofing also offers long-term maintenance contracts. A maintenance plan can take all the work out of taking care of your commercial roof – you decide how often you want a professional roof inspection and what services you would like automatically performed, and we take it from there. We recommend including the following:
- Bi-annual roof inspection (every 6 months, preferably in the spring and fall)
- Comprehensive report of all findings (for insurance purposes)
- Roof cleaning and debris removal with option to add-on other services as recommended.
A regular, proactive roof maintenance plan can help you stay ahead of problems and allow us to quickly diagnose and address any existing issues.
At Armor Commercial Roofing, we believe a successful rubber roof repair requires at least 3 things:
- Competent, effective workmanship
- High-quality materials and products
- Superior customer care
No matter how simple or complex your rubber roof repair job may be, you can count on receiving all 3 when you hire Armor. Call us today at (517) 617-6953 and let us impress you with our friendly, skilled, knowledgeable technicians and solutions!